Saturday, September 22, 2012

God's BIGGEST blessings....

Well, I said things have changed for our family in my past post.  However, I wasn't ready to blog about it.  TODAY, we are!  We are ready to announce to the world, that by God's wonderful grace, Nicholas and I are excitedly and anxiously awaiting the arrival of another healthy baby!   We have already made it through the entire first trimester, without a peep to the internet world.  Matter of fact, we just spilled to our family in the past 2 weeks as well.  Many may wonder why we waited so long, but we just felt more comfortable waiting until we got to see our little one moving around on the little sonogram machine and hearing a strong beating heart!   And two weeks ago, our little peanut was a wiggling like crazy on the monitor screen and his/her little heart was at a strong 185 bpm.

WOW, pure amazement and excitement to see God work that way.  Many do not know that last September, I was 8 weeks pregnant and went from an ultrasound to being rushed into the ER.  My pregnancy was eptopic, but not only was it outside of the uterus, it was buried into my cervix, leaving my life in severe danger if the baby continued to grow there.  I went into a surgery at that point, signing away the right for the doctor to do a FULL hysterectomy.   We both were saddened knowing we couldn't have more biological children, but we were already well on our way in the adoption process.  So we found comfort in that.  I came out of surgery and they informed us, that the only thing they had to remove was part of my cervix.

However, that particular OBGYN told my family while I was in recovery, that the likelihood of complications was very high and it was NOT in my best interest to conceive again.  We continued on the adoption process and found a great desire in our hearts for this process.  TRUST ME, it's still a strong burning desire...so some day we will be a family of 4 living children, possibly even five!   This past March, on birth control for months, found myself pregnant again.  And in April, we miscarried that baby as well.
NEVER again, in our wildest dreams, did we believe that God would bless us yet again biologically with a strong, healthy, and LIVE baby in my womb!  I'm in the library now, typing this blog with tears rolling down my face.  WE ARE JUST THAT BLOWN AWAY BY THE WAY OUR AWESOME GOD WORKS!   Scared to death and almost afraid to even get our hopes up, we kept quiet.  Honestly, neither of us ever expected to go to our ultrasound and hear a heartbeat!  But, that just shows how faith the size of a mustard seed goes a LONG LONG way and we will be blessed. 

The very same day, that we found out the status of our baby, our phone rang for the adoption!  The phone call was for a set of twins, 21 one months.  WHAT?  That'd be 4 babies, under the age of 2; fine children under the age of 4.  WOW God, REALLY???  You want me to do what?  I questioned Him like crazy!  Can we really handle that?  And that's when He said, "Nicholas, Valerie....when will you learn??  Your life story is already written."   So what right do we have to question that?  So yes, our family is on the list for 21 month old twins as well.  Our family may NOT make it into the next round of possible matches...but if we do, BOY OH BOY, we better be ready!!   God has so much planned for us and we are beyond excited to see what our next chapter is!  But, let's just say....our journey is about to get very exciting...and we COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!   Our family is growing for sure by one come the end of March!  And possibly will nearly double in size by that time!  GOD IS GOOD!!!
Please keep us in your prayers...our life story just added a very exciting chapter or two!  We are still very fearful with this pregnancy, but God is our author so we know it's all going to work to His Glory!! 

And more of the details...right now, it appears my scheduled c-section will be March 29 or April 5th.  The doctor was more than blown away when he asked us how our families reacted when we told them and we said, "well we haven't yet".  He said with a comfortable voice, "I think now it's okay to spill the news, things look great!"  And I'm officially in my 2nd trimester, still sick and vomiting daily, but I AM SO BLESSED by every wave of sickness and sign of a healthy pregnancy!!   Praying for a HEALTHY baby and really have no desire either way as far as gender, just so thankful for another chance to feel little jabs in my womb!! 

3 comments: