Tuesday, July 3, 2012

a heavy heart....and we're off!!

My heart has been so heavy over the last few weeks.  I know we are being called in this direction.  I know we are being called to Africa.  My heart hurts because I want to be a part of something big...something huge!  But it hurts because my children here...they're ages really do not allow us to take them with us.   We havent ever left our girls for more than a night.  And when we have we've not traveled out of the town they were in, yet alone the country.  The anxiety of this is overwhelming.  It's scary.   But God still calls us.  He still is saying, "I need you here!"  So it is my prayer today, that we can answer this call with a peace amongst us, to know our girls here will be taken care of and that we can open up to this adventure fully! 
I am amazed at how my heart is opening for these children.  I never once doubted we'd ever have a hard time loving our babies...but my heart is opening for ALL of these children.  Yes, every one of the 147 million that are without a home and a forever family.  I've joined the prayer battle, daily!!  Praying for every single aspect of this life.  I pray that area churches can be more open minded to this.  I pray that when a family feels the call they can openly say, "Yes God, use us." and I pray more than anything that He uses our family in whatever way He desires. 
As of yesterday we are COMPLETELY finished to be available for domestic adoptions, as well as state waiting.  So now whatever God has planned we are completely ready!!   For those that do read my blog...hold on...this could get interesting!!  WE ARE VERY READY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment